Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Moon Blogging

I woke up this morning tired and irritable. My son was up three times during the night before 6 am. When I finished nursing him between 3 and 4 am, I went into the kitchen to get a drink. Something made me go to the window briefly and look for the moon..but all I saw were stars (they were beautiful, though.) Thought nothing of it until I finally was able to join the world this morning groggy and cranky..to find out from my friend's facebook post that it was a New Moon. I have been wanting to learn more about the moon lately, so the last time I was with my daughter at the library we got out a book about the moon. We looked at it, but still didn't get the info I was looking for..I wanted to know what the difference was between a full moon and a new moon.

What I learned after some internet searching today is that during a new moon, the side of the moon that is lit by the sun faces away from the Earth. What we see is the dark side..so the moon is still there, we just don't see it from our position on Earth. That helped me to understand why I wasn't able to see it. When I looked up even more, I found that it is a good time to set out some new intentions..to trust in the dark and give form to your dreams. So there you go. A bit of info I could draw upon, as I did this piece of art. I kept in mind what my new moon intentions might be, and while I was drawing, many notions popped up.

For a long time now I have been wanting to return to this blog after I did the art every day challenge in November. Realistically I know I may not be able to post every day from here on in, BUT I am making a commitment to stick to drawing things out as a way to stay connected to
the stars, the sun, the moon, the earth and to all life has to offer... By paying close attention to what I am drawn to I have been blessed with many messages from which to learn and grow.

So thank you New Moon for giving me the opportunity to start a new phase of this blog. May I continue to learn about nature and my own nature through art and connect with others, sharing my offerings of belly bowls, energy portraits, meditative drawing classes and all of the dreams that have yet to come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment